– What Information do We Collect?
We collect personal or business information about you from the following sources:
2. Through the optional online rental application on our website where we collect your personal information including your date of birth, social security number, driver’s license number, email address, employment history, housing history, lease history and other personal information.
We use a secure website and encryption technologies (Secure SSL certificates with full authentication with 256-bit encryption) when processing your online rental application.
3. Non-public personal Information (for example, date of birth, social security number, driver’s license number, email address, employment history, housing history, lease history and other personal information) we receive from you on your paper rental or parking application.
4. Routine housing reference checks, employment verification, criminal background checks, public records checks, financial reference investigations, and credit agency reports.
– How Do We Use Information We Collect?
The information that you provide on a rental application and that which we obtain through checks, verifications, and reports are used for the purpose of processing rental applications and for servicing, maintaining, managing, and enforcing lease agreements.
– Information We Disclose to Others
We use your information to the extent necessary to perform checks, verifications, and to obtain reports on you during the application process. We may also disclose information in case of an emergency; to credit reporting agencies; and to enforce a lease agreement. Otherwise, we do not disclose your information to non-affiliated third parties except as required by law.
– Security Policy
We restrict access to your non-public personal information to those employees who need such information to process lease applications and to service lease agreements. We maintain physical, technical, and administrative security that meet or exceed best privacy practices to safeguard non-public sensitive information. Any third parties with whom we submit your information as necessary to process your application or to service your lease have privacy policies that meet or exceed regulatory requirements or privacy best practices that govern their industry.
Reviewing and Correcting Your Information
Upon your written request you have the right to review and correct any information we have about you or your business.
– Opt-Out Provision
We do not share your information except to process your application and to service your lease; therefore there is no option to “opt-out” of the limited information sharing we do.
Questions, Problems or Disputes – Please contact us?
You may contact us by;
Boardwalk Investments, LLC 210 N. Bassett Street Madison, WI 53703
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Telephone: (608) 256-9500
Fax: (608) 256-9518
This policy is provided to you in accordance with privacy best practices and any privacy laws that may be applicable to Boardwalk Investments, LLC.